Zerodha is the most popular trading platform in India right now. Since its inception in 2010, Zerodha has amassed a massive following due to its low brokerage services. It has an easy-to-use UI that appeals to beginners and seasoned veterans alike. You need to pay a fee to open a trading and Demat account. Coupled with good customer support, Zerodha is a good beginner’s choice that can be accessed on your PC, laptop, and smartphone. Let us now discuss the steps involved in opening a Demat account on Zerodha.
Steps to open a Zerodha Demat Account
- Visit Zerodha’s official website.
- Click on “Sign Up Now.”
- Enter your mobile phone number and confirm it with a one-time password (OTP).
- Provide your details like Name, Email, PAN, and DOB.
- Pay Account opening fee with UPI/CARD/Net-banking/Wallet.
- Begin the KYC process with the Digi-locker.
- Enter your Aadhaar and OTP received on the linked mobile number.
- Allow Zerodha to access your Aadhaar data.
- Then enter a few more personal details like parents’ names, income details, trading experience, occupation, etc.
- Link your bank account using an IFSC code or UPI.
- IPV: Record a video as per the instruction and verify it.
- Upload all the required documents like Signature, PAN, and investment proof (optional).
- E-sign: Verify all of your information and complete the procedure by entering your Aadhaar number and the OTP.
- Once you have completed all of the preceding steps, you will receive the login credentials to your registered email address.
Also read: How to create and arrange Zerodha Watchlists?
Zerodha charges a minimal fee of 200 INR for opening a Trading and Demat account. There is a separate charge of 100 INR If you want to access the commodity segment.
Zerodha’s brokerage charges vary based on the services they offer. You can find more details on Zerodha’s official website.
In-person verification, or IPV, is a process to verify all the submitted documents. IPV can be done online through a webcam, where customers need to provide their mobile number to start the process. Then it will ask the customer to hold a piece of paper with the given four-digit code and take a picture.
E-sign is a legal process where customers can digitally sign a softcopy document. Hence, it eliminates handwritten signatures in the Demat account opening process.
Yes, Kite is nothing but the trading platform provided by Zerodha Broker for both the mobile app and website.
Yes, without KYC, you cannot open a Demat account. KYC is mandatory for both online and offline procedures.
Yes, you can download the Kite app by Zerodha on your mobile and log into your Demat account. In mobile applications, you will find all the features you need to trade in the stock market.
This article covers all the details of opening a Demat account in Zerodha. Easy, right? You can head to the official sites to learn more about offers and charges.